Installing a wood burning fire

Glynn Norton

Your local Mairie, but basically, you need to have your chimney swept prior to fitting, which gives you the certificate you need for asurance. Then fit, or have fitted a stainless chimney liner, of the correct diameter for your flue.
I did my own, and the chimney liner was 20 per metre. Beware, it cuts like razor blades.
If you want advice on getting the stuff down your chimney, post again. Alternatively, pay someone to doit. I did my own as the guy I asked to come and quote me, never turned up.
C'est la vie!
Alcazar

Too much detail to put in a posting. If you are in France the DIY sheds, Castorama, Leroy Merlin or M.Bricolage normally have a book section. You should be able to but a book on Chimenees. Link below is to a title which covers the rules and has diagrams showing what is legal and what is not. If the link below does not work see route via menus

http://www.castorama.fr/boutique/sku/sku.jhtml?elementId=Casto090168&productId=CastoLI0302

www.castorama.fr

Then boutique , Librarie Construction Chauffage et Climantisation

There is an early posting on getting books by mail order from France in this forum

I might be in peril of starting a 'flaming' subject - no pun intended, but on reading various queries like the above, and how to install gas cookers, water heaters etc, it seems quite worrying to me that in UK most people would employ fully qualified gas engineers, yet in France they feel they are qualified enough to do it themselves. Speaking as the wife of a fully qualified Corgi reg engineer, surely carbon monoxide can kill you just as well in France as in UK, and you have to be very careful with correct flueing and ventilation requirements including woodburning stoves. Do they not have the equivalent of Corgi in France?

• 3 weeks later...
If you are buying new, the stove comes with a booklett with installation regs inside. I believe the supra takes 153mm flue which you can buy at most DIY shops for about 8 a meter, the long flexible flue is about 20.
If you have a high chimney the draw will be greater, and as supra don't have airtight doors you may need to install a moderator which will lessen the draw.

Mike