Electrics, EDF Consuel and the Certificate of Conformity

pete_in_notts

Advice Anyone Please!
A good friend is helping us out with the electrics on our renovation project. She (sadly a rare thing, a female electrician) is registered in UK not here in France. We have however studied the French system carefully (read books, looked at neighbours installation etc.) The first fix is just completed. Before I start covering all the electrics up is there any one who can tell me will the EDF 'consuel ' come and check the system if on completion we do not have a certificate of conformity issued by a French electrician? I mean, is there any other way to get a certificate of conformity other than via a French registered electrician?

The consuel is not an EDF employee and some of them get a little shirty of addressed as such. They are an independent body.

Your own installation can be inspected as soon as it looks / is finished. Therefore you should be able to contact them and get a final certificate. This is based on experience of friends who are now on their third renovation. I was advised by the jersey born but French registered electrician who installed my earth / prepared for EDF visit that you would not get a French registered electrician to certify somebody elses work.