Builder going spare!!!!

Penny29

Hi,

I hope this won't be pulled off as advertising cos it isn't really. It's just that I have a builder going spare in the Dordogne and someone might like him!

What has happened is that renovations have started on our house & my builders didn't book any more jobs in for the rest of the year as they thought we would have enough to keep them occupied.

These plans have all gone rapidly down the swanny due to our planning permission being knocked back (and also because we can't yet vacate the house as we were let down at the last moment on a caravan)........... it now looks likely that the majority of our building work will have to be carried out next spring, so our builders are likely to finish here mid - end September and I feel dreadfully guilty about the situation.

I'm also aware that many people out there are looking for builders and don't want to wait ages and ages for them to start work - so, in effect, I am offering up a cancellation!

Before anyone asks, the builders are British, fully registered with SIRET numbers. They are skilled in electrics, plumbing, roofing, tiling etc. I have been very happy with the standard of work they have so far completed for me (removing walls, exposing and renovating beams, fitting kitchen, repairing roof, re-wire etc) and would be happy for anyone to come and view the work they have done here.

I am not connected with these builders in any way other than that they are currently doing work for me. I just hope someone out there may be in need and that, in some way, by doing this I can alleviate my own guilt in what I see as letting them down!

If anyone wants details please message my inbox.

Penny

Someone called Rosina inboxed me to ask if my "spare" builder would go as far as ST Matthieu - the answer is YES, but I've managed to delete the original mail from my inbox and can't trace the sender & reply to her through the LF Forum. So..... Rosina, if you get this message can you ring Stewart! His phone number is on the website I gave you. Sorry!

Penny

Doh. I'm disapointed, I thought this was going to be about a builder pulling his hair out over a frustrating problem that (not being involved) I'd find funny!

John (99 usually, but 73 sometimes and always in my dreams)