Contacteur for Chauffe Eau

Paulk

Hi All,

This is my first posting but I have been reading the forum for about 2 years now and have only just been able to set up my firewall to allow a posting.

My friend and I have a small place in Dpt 53 near Javron.

I am having a problem with the controller for my chauffe eau, the internal telecomande relay of the contator seems to be sticking, and I am looking for a place to buy a new one.

Most of the DIY outlets in our area stock single phase contactors but I have been unable to find any for 3 phase. The old one I need to replace is a: Gerard Mang 52307 Contacteur AC-1 3x20A 300V. I would be most grateful if any one could avise me where I could get a replacement or equivolent.

This is the only 3 phase circuit we have so an option could be to go over to a single phase controller and change the heating element as well. I am thinking of changing to a single phase supply at a later stage but am wondering what the pros and cons of changing just this circuit would be (balencing the loads etc).

Paulk

we have a 3-phase water pump at our place in Deux Sevres and needed parts for it , dis-assembled it and took the parts with us , after a few attempts(basic French at best!) we found a supplier who could help . that was in Fontenay le Compte , 79/85 border ,but most sizable towns with large trading estates should have an equivalent. the one we found 'looked' trade only but were very helpful and sorted us out no grief! reasonable price and all works now(fingers crossed for when we get there next week and try to use it again).
so , if you can , take it apart and ask nicely in a few outlets.
just don't ask me how to wire it up! my mate knew/guessed the wiring connections and we didn't blow up!!!!!!!!!!!
pete