The Joy of......Renovating!

zeb

I'm writing an article and maybe you can help?

Has anyone actually finished renovating? Have you divorced due to renovating? Has anyone been declared bankrupt due to renovating? Has anyone suffered near fatal (or fatal) injuries due to renovating? Has anyone given up and bought a little pink pavillion?

regards......helen

Golly Helen, I shouldn't have read this. We have managed to get electric and water into our 4 walls and a roof, done half the roof with the other half to do next year. After that we have fosse to put in, a floor downstairs would be nice, oh and then some windows knocking into the solid 3' wall, after that we may go for internal walls and a bit of pipework and wiring, then onto the 2nd floor.......

Doesn't seem a lot when you read it quickly. Our 10 year plan!

Keep your chin up and look at what you'll have at the end of it all.

LOL we have come close to all of those scenarios.  Renovating is our raison d'etre[no circumflex available]  Now that we are retired there is nowhere we would rather be but in our old french farmhouse.  I expect that we will never finish - and I really do not care!!!

Hi Helen

I guess the 'do not care' is why you came to France isn't it?  We arrived here two months ago with such organised plans and ideas but the passion for 'getting on' seems to have disappeared into the ether with the wine fumes and hot weather.  We will of courese complete what we came here to do - but oh so slowly!!

Fran