French buy to let

colin

After looking into the uk buy to let market for a while, specifically new builds offered by developers, we have noticed that the properties tend to be overpriced which i presume is to cover all the hidden costs that the developers hide in the final prices (stamp duty paid, 5% deposit paid etc)

we are know looking at french buy to lets (not leaseback) and have identified two or three properties that look favourable but i was wondering wether these types of properties are realistically priced or is there a tendancy to up the price in france as there is in the uk.

has anybody purchased any of this type of property and actually seen an increase in the value?

we are looking at residential properties rather than the holiday style properties that leaseback offers as we think they will be easier to sell when the time is right..

this is a link to the sort of stuff we're looking at.

http://www.your-french-property.co.uk/buytolet.php

thank you

nervous 1st time investor[8-)]

I can't help you about prices I'm afraid but the problem here is the fortune you have to pay when you sell something which you can't claim as being your principal residence.  Also, if the property has gone up in value when you sell, . . . charged again.

It is not like the UK.

Someone more in the know may have some good advice for you.