Tout s`eau

Trevorhall

Can anyone assist?  Currently my property has a "cess pit" or in french fosse d'asiance, this is situated at the rear of the property on common land, known as the marais (marsh) located in a regional parc - as are all other properties in the lane. 

There seem to be many myths, stories and legends about laws and the legal requirements to upgrade to a tout s'eau.  Does anyone actually know where I can find out what the legal requirement is?  Mention has been made about changes coming into force in 2005.

Any help appreciated - and all replies acknowledged.

Trevor Hall

fosse toutes eaux, I am also looking for info on this as far as I have found out  the local marie is responsible for getting their area onto mains drains or an alternative but it seems the dates set buy the french gov to achieve this are a bit of a joke. If you apply though for say planning permission or to renovate part of the plans will have to contain a new fosse .are you sure you are not on a reed bed system because they are now being accepted as a green alternative in many parts of france...sorry could not answer all of your question but hope this helps..

There are definitely new regulations in force next year. Speak to the Mairie and find out what the situation is in your commune. Ours seems very laid back - the Mairie in the next door commune arranges a soil test and survey when asked - ours doesn't. We were asked by our supplier / installer to obtain permission for our choice of an Eparco product...

http://www.eparco.info/assainissement-individuel/filiere-compacte.htm

... but that proved simple as the Maire told us the supplier does work for the commune so <> no problem.

The rules exist but as to when and how they will be enforced... visit the Mairie.

Carole

[quote]There are definitely new regulations in force next year. Speak to the Mairie and find out what the situation is in your commune. Ours seems very laid back - the Mairie in the next door commune arrange...[/quote]

Thanks Dave for your reply, any answer is better than none. Our Cesspit is surronded by stinging nettles, not reeds, as are most of the properties around us.Thanks again, regards Trev

[quote]There are definitely new regulations in force next year. Speak to the Mairie and find out what the situation is in your commune. Ours seems very laid back - the Mairie in the next door commune arrange...[/quote]

Thanks Dave and Carol for your replies, any answer is better than none. Dave our Cesspit is surronded by stinging nettles, not reeds, as are most of the properties around us. Carol thanks for the tips, will visit the Mayor`s office soon. regards Trev