Wall lights

Pepsimax

We have some wall lights that we want to take to our house in France. They are 6 amps and have three wires. Has anyone done this successfully?  We are waiting for the electrician to come back to us but would be interested to hear if there is a problem with using u.k. lights in france.

I have just fitted two different sets of wall lights which have come from the UK, but undoubtedly have been manufactured in Europe. I had an electrician with me who checked everything out OK though you may wish to check the rating of the circuit you are wiring into. Our house has two differing types of wiring with the latter extension having spurs where both the live and neutral feeds are fused.

It was also interesting to find out that we also have a 3 phase supply which had I not had checked could have had painful consequences.

Regards,

Mike

[quote]We have some wall lights that we want to take to our house in France. They are 6 amps and have three wires. Has anyone done this successfully? We are waiting for the electrician to come back to us bu...[/quote]

The most likely problem will be that older french lighting wiring did not have an earth (now a requirement I believe) and a lot of UK lights will require a connection to earth (the yellow/green wire). If this arises your electrician should be able to put an earth wire in for you and then install your lights.

Liz (29)