Plumbing and electrical codes

tj

Hi

Have been searching through the archives, and there is much concerned with electric and plumbing questions.

What I am unable to find, are any direct references to a definitive version of the French codes, ( english preferred but could have french translated ) I anticipate moving to the Limoge area this summer, along with renovation of my own property, I hope to continue my construction company.

Although I currently work in large part as project manager, I feel it is important, to be one step ahead of the hired help!!

Any references, links etc will be gratefully received.

regards

Tim

ps, does anyone know if, as in the US there is a uniform code that can be followed ? 

Suggest you buy : "Construire ou Renover sa Maison" - Published by Editions Denoel - ISBN 2-207-2562-0. Available from the book section of the Hypermarkets and on line from Amazon.FR.  It is full of illustrations and a good start point. Page 60 has a list of the ‘Regles generales de construction’ and references to most of the relevant ‘Normes Francais and legislation.

Promotec is a French body and working through their website will get a full list of books in French

www.promotelec.com

QUALBAT and SOCOTEC probably also have sites.  I have never found a full translation of the rules for electricity. I understood US building code varied greatly between States driven by changes in Climate and commercial acceptability of materials