Plastering

Carnige

Hi all

I'm almost ready to start plastering in our barn conversion and have not seen any board/multi finish in the merchants, is there anyone who can point me toward the french equivelant or do I need to take it over in the van.

Also while I'm here I need a small amount of roofing felt for three dormers is there anywhere who supplies the fabric type material by the metre as it is very expensive by the roll and most would be wasted. we are situated in Eguzon(36) near Argenton sur Creuse.

Regards

Nigel

Yes - plasterboard (placo platre) and tape is available at all builders' merchants and is often on special offer (promo).

Don't forget that the French normally use the metal rail system rather than wood studding - easy to master as long as you buy the right (very expensive) tools!

For plaster buy Lutece 2000 or 3000

regards.........helen

[quote]Yes - plasterboard (placo platre) and tape is available at all builders' merchants and is often on special offer (promo). Don't forget that the French normally use the metal rail system rather than ...[/quote]

Hi helen

Thanks for that, I already have the boards up it was the finishing plaster I was interested in. Lutece 2000 or 3000 as you mentioned does that have the same properties as say Thistle Multi finish in UK?? and what would I expect to pay for it, thanks again.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel - no idea about comparisons I'm afraid.

Our plasterer (Brit) used the Lutece 3000L when he first came here and we've used it since. "L" means a longer working time - try to get the 3000L but if not buy the 2000L (available in most builders' merchants).

Cost around 13 euros a 33 kg sack.

Good luck.....helen (PS I painted it with sous couche a few days later as I had no PVA and it was fine)

• 1 month later...

I have in the past lugged Thistle board finish plaster to France but while plastering between old oak beams I ran out. So off to BM/Pinault?Whatever the new name is to try some Lutece 300L. After much muttering about the price, twice as much as Wickes for the same quantity but Wickes does not have a branch in La Fleche, I tried it and after finishing half the ceiling was converted to Lutece 3000L.

I toyed with trying the rapid but the lent sets as quickly as I can work. Also bought a bag of 2000 but this seems to be for deep filling.

Try a bag or two to see if you like it.

Regards

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This seems to be just the information I have been looking for Helen.  The previous owners of our house finished the walls in what looks like industrial strength artex!  If you rub against the wall your skin comes off.  It is too hard to remove, so I thought I would just level if off with plaster.  Will Lutece 3000 be suitable?