crepi on ply?

Jackie

I want to use up some old plywood in good condition to clad a room divider stud wall and I want to crepi it with interior grade white crepi texture paint. Someone suggested that I seal the plywood with pva and then give a couple of coats of vinyl emulsion before applying the crepi, is this a good idea? I have found a site on the net that indicates that pva (wood glue) is not recommended under emulsions and would crepi stick to this anyway?………….John not Jackie

Because Dave if I can use the plywood then I don't need to buy any plasterboard and I am not likely to want the ply for anything else. I say "If" as I would really appreciate someone coming back to me to comment on the technique that was suggested to me. Maybe you can tell that I have Scottish forebears!...........John 

no no the reason for the question was so I could give an answer because it still might be cheaper to buy p/board . ply wood dose not take plaster very well it will stick but knocks, movement and the like it will eventually start to crack and come off. the only way to be sure would be to fit some expanding lath {galvanised chicken wire would do at a push} but could work out price wise ????

hope this helps

dave