castorama/brico depot

Dennisj

I wish to obtain a flight of stairs and understand castorama or brico depot stock them, does any body know if there is one in Poitiers? if so directions please. I will be driving down from Roscoff with my ultimate destination being near Ruffec.

Many thanks, Dennis

Hello Dennis - you may not have to go so far! Mr Bricolage in Ruffec has staircases as well as 333Ms (sur command), also Bricomarchè at Civray (often on promo).

Short answer though, yes there is a Brico Depot but it's about 20 kms north of Poitiers on the RN10

hi Dennis

Re Brico Depot, no they don't have a web site, well not yet anyway.  As part of the Kingfisher group, it looks promising when you get to their site, but only job vacancies then seem to be available.

[quote]hi Dennis Re Brico Depot, no they don't have a web site, well not yet anyway. As part of the Kingfisher group, it looks promising when you get to their site, but only job vacancies then seem to be a...[/quote]

Actually, Brico depot used to have a website: pretty basic, but at least it had the map/postcode thingy and meant you could find your nearest one. I think it disappeared at roughly the time Kingfisher sold off Woolies.

I understand the Castorama management HATE the Brico Depot people, because the latters turnover per sqm is higher and - despite their magins being smaller - their gross profit beats Castoramas, and they are always being told "why can't your group perform as well as this?" However, Castorama is the 'senior' of the 2 and deeply resents this jumped-up barrow-boy out-selling them!

Perhaps this explains why they've lost their website!

p