wood en noises

Marjolein

Hello everyone,

sorry voor my not so good english. I will try to explaine myself.

I have two questions.

first: does anyone know a cheaper place to buy wood/ If  you buy wood at the bricolage it is very

expensive. Maybey there are cheaper places. (we have a little home in de 08/02 area)

second: we have a bruyeur ( I don't kwow how to write this) voor de toilet. After a lot off trouble it works fine now. the strangiest thing is happening. When we are not using it, it works anyway.

Sometimes a few times any our. Does anyone know why that thing has a mind of it one.??

It puzzles us for a long time, now. Thanks for your help

marjolein

Locally to us (Haute Vienne 87) we sourced cheaper wood by asking at the local builders yard and looking for a local saw mill / scier.

UK English for Bruyer is 'SANIFLO' which is the main brand name which sells in UK. Garbage disposal units are also called 'bruyer' in France. Possible causes are sticking switches or floats out of adjustment. They should not run empty( of water) as this risks over heating.

[quote]Locally to us (Haute Vienne 87) we sourced cheaper wood by asking at the local builders yard and looking for a local saw mill / scier. UK English for Bruyer is 'SANIFLO' which is the main brand name ...[/quote]

Or if you have a slight leak from your toilet "chasse" (the part that dumps the water into the bowl). Cheap French ones frequently dribble, which you would not notice, except that it triggers the bruyer (or "macerator", to be pedantic). We had 2 that did this, until we fitted decent flush mechanisms.

Marjolein - I once saw an Dutchman speaking to group of English people, and he made a slight mistake. One of the English decided to correct him.

"Sorry", said the Dutchman, "shall we continue in Dutch?"

I am, as always, impressed by the language skills of your people.

Quote: “Cheap French ones frequently dribble, which you would not notice, except that it triggers the bruyer (or "macerator", to be pedantic). We had 2 that did this, until we fitted decent flush mechanisms.”

I have the impression it is pretty standard for French flush mechanisms and filler shut-off values to go wrong. My local supermarket even sells replacements.

I purchase my timber at the local builders merchants (not Point P who I found quite expensive). I got on their trade pricing pretty easily yet am not (nor presented myself) as a company. They also deliver pretty quickly at reasonable cost. However, they do not look after the timber in their yard so be careful in winter as that can delivery stuff that is “dripping wet” (i.e. left outside). My own experience is that planed timber is very expensive whereas sawn timber fairly reasonable (though it is a long time since I purchased any in the UK so don’t have much of a comparison).

Beste Marjolien,

Does you toiletten have a small tap on the cold pipe? if so, try turning it off then flushing it and leave it voor een of twee huurs. If the motor doesn't keep switching itself on, then you have found the problem. it needs a new washer on the mechanism.

Sprecht U Frankrijk? Het beste informatie for cheap wood is local builders.

Groeten

paul