High Pressure Cleaners

Lindnarden

I want to clean the (rendered) back of ther house and patio whih have many years accumulated dirt, slime and moss attached.

What size high pressure cleaner would I need - I have seen a Kacher 150 bar, 550 litres/hour, 3000 watt for just under 400 Euro.

Would this do the job and is it a reasonable price ?

I have a Karcher steam cleaner, that can obviously operate without the heat - it is rated at 120 bar and will remove paint!

I use it to clean off algae and moss from around the piece, and it works very well indeed. You can buy a lance with a rotating end, but I found it to be only marginally better, and thus not worth the extra cost, on balance.

I do add some patio cleaning solution which does speed things up too.

I agree with Opel Fruit. My Karcher is rated at 120 bar, but it is fearsome - it will easily strip my patio back to pristine bare stone, and will fetch the pointing from between the joints if I'm not careful! I set the lance to its 'broadest' setting and hold it about 6 inches above the stone, and it still strips the dirt and moss right off. I think you can buy a 120 bar machine in the UK for around £75, so €400 seems very expensive to me. I think Aldi & Lidl have them regularly.

regards,

Malcolm

Thanks all - that should have saved me a few quid. I'll go to Castorama and buy a 120 bar Kacher - if it's not up to the job then there shouldn't be any problem taking it back for a full, no quibble refund....no, absolutely no problem.....none whatsoever