Advertise a French property in the UK..?

I have a (French) colleauge who wants to sell his house in Gisor (as he is moving to his "other house" in Toulouse!).

He came to see me because he said he would like to sell to the English! (I think he has heared tales of english people paying silly money for property!). It seems that the house is a two bedroomed, 96 m, country house set in 3000 m of land (2000m fields + 1000m woods), about an hour from Paris and Dieppe.

Any idea how I can help (other than telling him the english arn't paying as much as they used to!).

Regards,

-Rob-

I was doing some research for a French friend of mine (an estate agent) last week and came across quite a few UK-based estate agents who specialize in selling properties in France.  You can either do a similar Google search or send me a pm.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of the companies selling French houses in UK are, in effect, UK marketing outlets for French estate agents. Best way to sell privately is through a site like www.french-property-news.com Some of the marketing websites used by agents also take private sales, but as they charge agencies a very high commission I don't know how cost-effective they would be for private sales. www.1st-for-french-property.co.uk might be worth a look.

Is there any particularly reason why you want to sell privately rather than through an agent? There can be a lot of hassle dealing with the many timewasters you find among British buyers, showing genuine people round, etc.

French Property News has worked three times for one set of English friends - Twice to sell and once to buy.  Never any hassle, £45 each time to sell and nothing to buy!![:D]  and a hassle-free sale for some French friends of ours.

• 9 months later...