Saniflow problem ?

Choochoo

Hi everyone

We have a Saniflow on our loo. After flushing, every 25 seconds or so the pump runs for a second or two. This carries on for about 5 minutes and then stops till the next time.

The outlet pipe runs uphill so am I right in assuming there is a non return valve in the unit and it is giving problems ? If so is it possible to get a replacement ?

It is a bit annoying as the loo is right next door to the bedroom.

Thanks

John (50)

We have a Sanipro with the same problem, plus when you use the shower with it, the warm water and suds cause it to cut out for 10 minutes. Garbage, absolute garbage.

And SFA UK or France will not honour the warranty!!!

Not a fat lot of help am I? Sorry. The non-return valve is in the elbow that leaves the unit, by the way. It is a crude flap valve. You could check is hasn't got any "sanitary products" or "leavings" stuck to it stopping it shutting fully!

Some misguided soul decided to use IZAL R-Swipes (the greaseproof paper that doesn't remove anything, it just smears it around until it becomes thinner and thinner) on ours and made the thing cough like yours.

And the moral to this tale is........

I Have to agree. I had a customer who insisted on one of the SFA saniflow loos instead of us extending the pipe from the fosse septique and installing a "proper loo". The non return valve is as much use as a chocolate frying pan, and we had to install another professional type valve to stop everything running back in, as any vertical sections in the outflow pipe from these loos has to be first before you start a descent. Just to add that this was the top of the range most expensive Saniflow in the range. And the noise, well even though it is installed on a soundproof mat with a double skimmed and insulated wall, it still wakes the whole house!!

Paul

We had this problem too.

Very simple solution to this - it's just scale build up affecting the machine.

Unplug the unit from the power supply, add some Hydrochloric acid (available from any hardware store) into the cistern then flush and leave overnight. The next morning plug the unit back in and use as normal. No problem for Fosse Septiques BTW.

Also make sure you don't ask it to do too much in terms of waste outlet lift.

They CLAIM they can raise the waste vertically by 4-6m and horizontally 10-20m.

They can't do this reliably! And when you try and get them out to fix it, they simply tell you that it was installed wrongly. And walk away.

We have stopped fitting SFA units. We now fit Grundfos ones. German/Scandanavian.

[quote]Also make sure you don't ask it to do too much in terms of waste outlet lift. They CLAIM they can raise the waste vertically by 4-6m and horizontally 10-20m. They can't do this reliably! And when yo...[/quote]

Where can we buy these Grandfo (I trust it will not become my grand foe! :hehe ones please and do you know how much they are?