architects fees

Lapaix

If this subject has been covered before, apologies!  Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for how much we can expect to be charged by an architect for drawings for the renovation of our old Norman barn?  Obviously, we realise that it depends on the size, etc., but a very rough estimate would help us in our budgetting.

Lynda

I have had a few quotes from architects to do plans for us, one was for about 3,500 Euros but this was extensive work, for a plan of the house, a plan of works and a plan to go to the batiments de france for the facade etc. Another chap quoted 2000 Euros but this was just a plan of what the house will look like and he worked for a large company that do all the work too, and said that it would cost between 300 and 700 Euros a square metre for them to do the work. The Architect we eventually had working for us is dong it for about 1000 Euros and is doing a current plan of the house and a future plan of the house.

Hope that helps.

Emma

We have just paid for an architect he drew up plans for our renovations which included, converting two garages, two school rooms and one large storage area to habitable plus planning for 10 x 5 metre swimming pool. and a loft conversion above the garages total price including taxes and insurances 2300 Euro's

We are in Dept 17. Pm if you require more dets

Regards

Phil & Kimberley

We had several quotes for architects fees earlier this year - the cheapest we had was 10% of the final build cost, but the majority were around 12%.  I know it is a cynical view, but I did not feel it was in their interest to save us money on our build (as obviously the higher the cost, the higher their fee); we opted for a builder that had in-house designers and architects - the total cost was around 4,000 euros. for a 140m2 house.

We've recently had a quote which includes architects fees of 6500 euros + TVA and a "special condition" specifying that if construction costs decrease, the fees remain the same, if construction costs increase, the fees go up!!!