What are the colours of the protective sheaths for services???

Euge

Does anyone know the colour of the protective sheath for services, which are buried underground like:

Sheathing colours for services
Water =
Gas =
Electricity =
Telephone =
Sewerage pipe =
Television Cable =

and the colour and/or wording on the tape laid above them.

I know the main electric supply is in red outer casing, quite large too, gas I think is blue but don't quote me on that.  Think that water is black, (ours was in black casing) and waste water grey or white, the rest, not sure  Someone will likely disagree, but electric is definately red and most important if you are digging around.  Telephone  leads tend to drop down to properties from overhead cables

Gas, (well, my LPG anyway), is yellow. The pipe is black with a yellow stripe along it, it's inside a yellow flexible gaine, and has a yellow mesh plastic buried about 10cm above it. I know all this as I laid my own on instructions from my plumber

The gas pipes in the house from inlet to boiler are also painted yellow.........

Alcazar

Thank you all for replying, I have marked gas as yellow, electric as red, water black, and drainage as white or grey.

As for the misleading heading, Oh dear, I can see what you mean now, some people have smutty minds , and I always thought it wasn’t the colour or taste that mattered, surely it’s the size and quality of longevity that make a sheath able to last the distance.

Whatever, I’m still enjoying practising.    :