French equivalent for Browning (Plaster)

Ralph

Sorry if this has been covered before, but couldn't find any previous posts.

Can someone let me know the French equivalent for Browning plaster please?

Whilst on the subject would also appreciate the equivalents for other plastering products, eg skim coat / plaster board adhesives / finish etc.

You think that Dave is kidding?

However, I am no plasterer, but skim plastering is rare here. The closest I have found is Luteuce 3000, although the name has changed recently....

Plasterboard adhesive is MAP & available everywhere - it's use is very popular. The French will tend to glue plasterboard onto a rough wall, then tape and fill the joints - produces superb results, if you know what you are doing - which I don't!

[quote]You think that Dave is kidding? However, I am no plasterer, but skim plastering is rare here. The closest I have found is Luteuce 3000, although the name has changed recently.... Plasterboard adhesi...[/quote]

Thanks for your annswer, although I do quite seriously require the name of a proprietry brannd of browning. I have been trained to use sand and and cement as a base and would quite happily use that, however my trainer a fully qualified plasterer with over 40 years inn the trade assures me that as I wish to cover old tile cement ridges in a hurry and not wait several days /weeks for it to dry- then 'Browning' is the answer.

So the question remains does anyone know the French name for Browning?

hi

no i was not joking have not seen it anywhere but that does not mean you cannot get it here or carlite bonding ( my uk bodge saviour)

so it looks like muti-bat and sand .... oh and ps never seen builders sand here yet too ,

but still looking

dave

A plasterer friend of ours from Wales cannot get plaster in France and has to bring it over from the UK whenever he can. Much quicker and easier to use by all accounts.... and he's been working here for fifteen years!

I reckon there is a business to be had shipping the stuff over if you can store and shift it out quick enough, because it has a limited 'shelf life' - or so I'm told.

There is no equivalent of "Browning" in France. Plaster here is a good deal more expensive than in the UK.

Sand and cement is the way to go, (I use Tradifarge + sand on stone houses) and then over the top with Lutece 2000C. It's a lovely plaster to use, but expensive at 15€ for a 32kg bag. I've only found it at PointP.

If you have a large area to do and it's in poor condition, then consider overboarding. This is the preferred option in France, its fast, and cheaper than doing the same in hard plaster. You end up with rooms that are easier to heat.

A couple of months ago I did a calculation, and per square metre, overboarding is by a long way the cheapest option, even if you arent paying for your own labour.

The polystyrene-backed board is used on external walls and stick it on using Mapp or PM1. Finish it with PM5 on the joints. In France you dont render the board, just the joints.

I had a house rewired last year and all the French sparkies told me that they are obliged by EDF not to install electric heaters unless the walls are doubled and the rest of the house is insulated. One guy even said double glazed.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear. When in France...

Cheers

Neil