Concrete floors cost per sq metre?

Wibblywobbly

Could anyone give me an idea of the cost per sq metre for a new concrete floor. The current floor, in outbuildings is just bare earth.

Also, in case anyone has knowledge, is wood framed stud walling legal in France ( I can do this myself), or does it have to be the steel dry wall type (which I would have to pay a contractor to erect)?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Rob Gardner

Can't remember what it cost us for the concrete for the floor - do remember that the digging out the earth floor took ages (no way to get the digger in the door!). What an improvement when we got the dry slab down tho (dpm plus insulation) and the rest of the walls up - in timber frame construction, btw. The next big thing in France apparently - if they get the treatment sorted out..... (see my note about beware treatment!) Stud walls apparently don't need to be treated, so you should be fine.

Happy digging!

Thanks for the info. I have a patio base to go down that is about 27m x 4m, but already have the ballast down for that.

I will also need concrete floors in two outbuildings but can't make a start until I have planning permission granted. I am hoping that the earth floors are not going to result in too much digging!!

Regards

Rob G

www.hitenter.co.uk

hi

i am digging out the floor on our end room at the moment , the 1.5 inches of concrete is easy to break up and remove !!!! it`s the big stone slabs / stone  under it that you have to pull up by hand , they are that big i cannot move them on my own, thinking now about fitting french doors to the room and taking they cab of my mini digger just to dig out ..

hope yours is not the same

dave

I have a slight advantage in that friends of mine run an excavator business 2 kms from my house? It came in handy when the patio base was laid as that required the removal of a few tons of earth, it was also handy that he supplies rollers and dumper trucks too!

Yes, there are windows and doors going in, but it appears that the earth floor is already below the level of the rest of the house so there won't be that much to get rid of.

I blame the architect, it was his fault that I decided to extend the ground floor in the first place!!

Cheers

Rob G