curent heating oil price

peterw

I would be interested in anyones feedback on what the current heating oil price is for say 1500 litre delivery. We have been quoted 61.8c/l which seems high given the recent  falls in the oil price- last time we filled it was 66 c/l but at the time gazoil at the pump was 1.30 euro. It seems that the price of the heating oil has not come down as much as pump prices or are we being taken for a ride?

Just an update my original quote from DMS 61.8 TTC. I then rang their competitor LCN who gave me a quote of 59.1 TTC. When the DMS truck arrived i told them about the competitors quote and they then gave me  57.0 TTC.  A reduction of 8%!

It sounds like there are fioul suppliers out there taking advantage of people during these times of high oil prices. They rely on the fact that everyone knows that the price of oil has gone through the roof and so many will not question them if they add 10% to the price. it is only by comparing what other suppliers are paying do you really know what the "real" price is.

Perhaps we can encourage others to put their prices paid up on the forum and have a data base that is reasonably current.

As a result of seeing the prices on here I telephoned the fioul distributer this morning and asked them to verify the price becaue I had seen the much lower price in Intermarche. She said there's a new tariff today (is this a coincidence I wonder!) and the price is now 0.622 a reduction of 0.04 or a total of 40€ for my delivery. She also pointed out that the Intermarche price is for 'ordinaire' and I've ordered 'premier'.

Our chauffagiste told us to use Total Premier, it's a little more expensive but is cleaner and burns more efficiently. I don't know how true this is. I understand that the premier grade is better in the cold conditions.