Personal possessions insurance does the equivalent exist in france?

Blade

i have a laptop and other bits such as digital cameras etc. this used to be covered under my personal possessions insurance when out of my property in the UK. i asked credit agricole who do my current french household insurance and they told me that this does not exist. what do people do then? thanks in advance.

As Nick says house and contents intogether.  I think house insurance is based on  square footage rather than re build value, ours had 95m2 liveable plus the equivalent in a double garage size for storage attached to the house, plus includes swimming pool (accidental damage for the security cover  was available seperate) and 10000 euros of contents, plus Public Liability cover anywhere plus cover for the dog, plus accidental glass breakage, theft of PP up to 500 euros.  The quote would be more expensive if your salon was over a certain size sorry cant remember what as our s didnt exceed it, also any open fire would have a higher premium, our is an insert with a glass cover (makes sense).

The contents stipulates

Dont au maximum 5 d'objects de valeur soit 500 euros en ce qui concerne la garantie  vol vandalisme.

Like I say we specifically asked for cover for our PC and it is included and not treated as a PP.

Our house is also a maison Secondaire.  There is a 200 euros excess

All for the grand cost of  11.63 per month plus a one off admin charge of  about 15.76

Head office no   in paris 0158384005

Failing that you could probably look up branches in the french yellow pages, would look up for you but am late for school run.  let me know if I can help anymore