Buying/selling thru Green Acres, French-property.com, etc

Has anyone had any success selling their French property thru sites such as these? It seems that there are literally thousands of properties currently available for sale, which suggests that it would be very difficult to find a buyer at the present time.

smudger same question I am asking myself.  Some friends of ours have just sold one through an immobilier and the other through a private sale.  I suppose one way of finding out is 'googling' say houses for sale in x and then whatever comes up on the first page suggests that those sites are getting more hits than others. I do hope I have that correct for the information was imparted to me by a knowledgeable friend..........I have no knowledge of such matters.

rdgs

Yes I think that is good information , as that it just what I did when i started to look for our house , sadley all the ones I saw ,were sold when i contacted them , so then moved on to estate agents. I would of liked a private sale, but every one I liked had gone, So my suggestion would be to make to make your own web site and make sure its on the front page of google and also put it on with an estate agent, making sure he knows you arnt paying him if you find your own.   

Hi

We bought, sold and bought again through www.frenchpropertylinks.com this site has both agency and private sales and is reasonably priced, we had a lot of enquiries and the site is well managed, by that I mean if you request updates they happen quickly and someone calls you to confirm, quite a novelty!  I think that offering good regional choice to the viewer, down to town if required helps too.  Lots of agencies seem to use it which suggests they are getting good enquiry levels from it.

For what its worth I've had an average of 1.5 hits per day on Green Acres, ad has been in since December, and 1 hit per day on French-Property.com. No contacts from either except from agents pretending to be buyers.

I've re-edited both ads and reduced the price, but this has had no effect.

Conclusions? Well, the price could still be too high, in spite of it being regarded as very competitive by my local agent. My photos are fine and my copy factual and non-sensational.

So maybe the market is overwhelmed with sellers at the moment.

Regarding the two sites in question, I think the GA one is pretty well laid out but the FP one is very clunky and looking like the work of a fifth former doing a sub-standard IT project for O level (if they're still doing them.)