gaine rouge - size

Alane

I'm off this weekend to do some work part of which is to dig out for a new floor. I will be running the electricity supply into this room so will need to at least start to bury the Gaine Rouge on its way to the supply point on the boundary.

I've seen conflicting advice as to whether a 63mm or 90mm Gaine is required and can find no reference in L'installation Electrique which only covers the depth and need for grillage etc. I was thinking of just installing the 90mm but I don't want to then find that this is too big - and I do already have a roll of 63mm part of which I've used elsewhere.

. I'm opting for an 18kVA supply so will need 25mm conductors plus any signal wires. Obviously I could ask at the EDF but this is going to take up most of a day with no guarantee of a response from my local office who are singularly unhelpful compared to the experiences of some on here - a fact confirmed by a neighbour in France.

I've not been able to locate a "regarde" for the earth spike - I've not seen them in the local merchants although to be fair I haven't asked yet.

If anyone can help I would be grateful as it will save me much time on a short visit.

Best Regards

Alan.

Screwfix do a "regard" for earths, as well as the earth rods, clamps etc.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A231846&ts=60545&id=16092

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A231846&ts=60590&id=13335

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A231846&ts=60620&id=13801

Although I see the earth rod is now copper plated steel, mine were solid copper, at least 1200mm long.

Hope this is of help.

Alcazar

Alcazar

Thanks for the information - I had actually purchased the rod and clamp at Screwfix! I didn't buy the regard as the label is in English and I'm not sure if it will fail the Consuel or not if it doesn't say Terre rather than Earth.

Once again thanks for going to the trouble of posting all the links and if I don't find one in France I will get the Screwfix one.

Best Regards

Alan.

[quote user="Alane"]

Alcazar

Thanks for the information - I had actually purchased the rod and clamp at Screwfix! I didn't buy the regard as the label is in English and I'm not sure if it will fail the Consuel or not if it doesn't say Terre rather than Earth.

Once again thanks for going to the trouble of posting all the links and if I don't find one in France I will get the Screwfix one.

Best Regards

Alan.

[/quote]

I bet it WOULD pass if you used Humbrol enamel and carefully lettered it "Terre", and the symbol.

Alan.

Brico Depot list regards in their current catalogue. Intended for waste water though, however, this would probably serve?

BTW: my book of words suggests that gaine (in terms of maximum number of cables) should be no more than 6 cables of 6 Mm. for 32 Mm gaine. Thus if you extrapolate this it might help.