Architect Services in Manche, Normandy

Liane

I am in the process of buying a house near Carentan and have contacted a local architect that I found in the Pages Jeunes.   He met with some friends of mine at the property, which is habitable, took the list of what we wanted done and has come back with a quote to draw up the plans and submit them to the mairie etc.   I think his quote is too expensive and wondered whether anyone could recommend other architects that I could approach for a price.   Many thanks in advance.

Liane 

• 1 month later...

What was the quote?

I have just had one for €12,000 to draw up plans to construct two 1x bed cottages and convert a barn into 3 x cottages. The architect gave me a build cost of  €180,000, which i think is way over what it will cost. I am not sure if his quote is relative to the build cost.

let me know as i would like to get someone else to quote.

Tania

We have just about finished our project in Normandy and I can give you some approx. costs:

To convert a barn into a 2/3 bedroom house and build small extension with complete new roof:

Architect: approx. Euros 5000

Renovation/Extension (using a Project-Manager): Euros 90'000 (This gives us one brand new house with the old walls!)

I think the estimate of Euros 180'000 for all you are going to have done, three houses,  Tania, is extremely reasonable.