Which pipes to use?

bwfc1965

I am just about to attepmt the plumbing at my house in Brittany which is undergoing renovation.

I am undecided which plasctic pipe to use. I notice there are two different types.

1. The basic red and blue pipe with push fit connections - appear to be similar to the UK pipe.

2. The black pipe which is thicker and more substantial than the other and looks like it will withstand the pressure/heat better. Also the brass connections appear to be self tapping directley into the pipe, and you have the options of manifolds.

Has anyone got experience of using the black pipe and can you give me any tips/hints? i.e how it connects to the taps etc.

Where the best palce is to buy the pipe and brass connections/manifolds?

Thanks

Steve

the red and blue would appear to be most common you would be advised to do it the same way as a french plumber brico depot bricomarche gedimat and any other diy shop will sell the material most often used talk to plumbers and choose the easiest and most readily available material

Broadly speaking, the black pipe is for external, buried use (connection from the supply to the meter, for example). The red & blue (PER) pipes are used internally. Bits are available everywhere, but cheaper at professional plumbing suppliers (if you can get them to deal with you). Still much more expensive than copper plumbing, but far more convenient.

I tend to use a mixture or copper & PER; running long supply runs in plastic with copper in the kitchen or bathroom - you pays yer money.....