Very ruff crepe

maude

My maison ancienne has been covered as usual by crepe which is a very rough and sharp finish.It takes ages to paint the walls even using a "professional" roller and or brushes,and the loss of paint is not to be sneezed at!I would like to;  a) rustically skim over the crepe with external enduit so as to make it much easier to paint,or b) spray the walls with the latest gizmo type low pressure-high volume sprayers.Cant afford to waste the very abnormally expensive paint,so any advices or experiences very welcome.No,I am not going to remove the crepe and chaux point the walls-I do not have the expectation of life for this type of project.Many thanks, Maude 

Hi, I am sorry I can't help you with your question but perhaps the below photo could be an option. It would take some time to grow but planting perhaps Boston ivy that doesn't damage the mortar and is a glorious red this time of year is a lot easier than trying to deal with the crepi [:)]

By the way, it is not my house,  it is just a photo on the internet I found for you. I have none on my house at the moment but will be planting some this week just because I love it.

[IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/HIF/1473e.jpg[/IMG] 

What we have done with our crepie, which is also very rough, is to pressure wash it. It comes up very well and looks almost new. We were warned that if you paint crepie then you are on a 4 or so year repeat. There tends to be an algeae growth on the West facing walls of the houses round here. If it is a problem for you then you can get anti mousse products that you spray on to kill it. We laso have the same type of crepie in our kitchen/diner and laundry room. I don't think that I will be alowed to bring the pressure washer indoors to do that lot? A rethink is going to be needed pert etra.

Sorry if this is a bit late for you, but?