Holiday home management costs?

I am wondering what sort of percent a property manager would take so i can factor that into my calculations. I have no home as yet so i am just doing the sums. I am interested in Dinan around the 100k mark (euro) for holiday lets and steer clear of a place with a yard so there would be no garden maintenance etc. So I am interested in how much it would cost in percentage terms for full armchair management....ie; advertising, keys and maintenance. While there are always variables etc I am imagining around 15% perhaps? Maybe even a link to a company that does this sort of stuff would be great too if anyone knows of someone.

Many thanks for now

Full management for 15% would seem a bargain to me, especially when you take into account the costs of advertising (eg on an internet platform). I think it would be significantly higher than that. I believe that Interhome charges upwards of 30% for full management where it can provide all services.

Your comments about not having a yard made me think a bit. Are you thinking about buying a flat? If so, you need to be very careful when choosing the property:

Flats are held in copropriété, which means that there are charges for common services provided. Depending upon the development, these may include heating and hot water, so you could end up subsidising year-round residents. Taxe fonciere and Taxe d'habitation tends to be higher in towns than villages. The reglements de copropriété will dictate what can and can not be done with your flat, and you need to be careful that use is not restricted to principal residence.

Good point, Pickles.

I guess a small house in a town like Dinan would not be in copropriété? But is it likely to cost a bit more than 100k€?

Brittany Ferries has a service advertising self-catering gite holidays. But I don't think they offer anything like the changeover/care taking service to go with it; that's down to the owners to set up.

Angela

Just a thought that the OP actually wouldn't mind a yard, but doesn't want a garden. Would be a rum old property with no exterior private space, although they do exist, but as a tourist it would be very disappointing to me if I had rented a house.

Think that something has been lost in transation here. [:D]

[quote user="idun"]Just a thought that the OP actually wouldn't mind a yard, but doesn't want a garden. Would be a rum old property with no exterior private space, although they do exist, but as a tourist it would be very disappointing to me if I had rented a house.

Think that something has been lost in transation here. [:D]

[/quote]

Id, in American English, "yard" is synonymous with "garden" and I believe that the OP means "yard" in the sense of "garden" too[:)]

[quote user="mint"]

Id, in American English, "yard" is synonymous with "garden" and I believe that the OP means "yard" in the sense of "garden" too[:)]

[/quote]

It is used that way in Australia and in Canada too.

Sounds so odd, as a yard for me is the small back yard my son has behind his Victorian back-to-back terrace

Sue