Connecting plastic waste to existing Concrete waste pipe

HoneySuckleDreams

I'm getting everything ready for a new Fosse and this includes connecting all the original pipes to the new 100mm plastic one going into the Fosse.  Most of the pipe work is OK and won't take much to connect it all in.  However, I have a 130mm concrete pipe which I can't move without ripping out and raising the bath, which I was hoping to avoid.  Does anyone know where I can get a connector to connect 100mm plastic to 130mm concrete?  I did something similar in the UK with the old concrete waste from an outside toilet (i'm not really that old!) to the 110mm new stuff.  Any ideas?

Hi

You should be able to find something at Brico depot or the like.

Just one point yo may not have considered, you never reduce the pipesize in the direction of either fosse or mains drainage, since it causes the waste water to back up. In your circumstances it will probably not be a problem given the size of piping involved but just something to be aware of.

if you're going to install a new fosse off this pipe to take the

existing plumbing from a bathroom it may be better to fit an inspection

chamber between the old & new plumbing that way you could send all

you're dirty waste and odd sized pipes into one side and exit into the

new sized pipe at the other side with the added bonus of reducing the

bore without causing a backup, you would also have the ability to rod

through when or if you ever needed to

[:D]

You may be able to get what in English is called a strap on multi wick, It is a rubber ended connection with a jubilee clip to tighten the seal to whatever size is required with the other end being a standard 100mm union or corrugated plastic insert to 100mm, (ease of fitting an awkward angle. Always as stated have an inspection point manhole, the plastic A.J's are very easy to incorporate into your drainage  and need to be set at all changes of direction in the drainage run. Remember to keep the gradiant of  falls to about 1 in 40. Steep gradients do not work efficiently.

• 1 month later...
Many thanks for all your advice folks.  Rubber manchon with lots of very large circlips did it in the end.  I had to chop the concrete back a bit though.  Not a nice job, especially as dozy wife kept flushing the loo whilst I was working on the outlet pipe.  New Fosse being installed next week... so Manchon thingy will be going spare once old fosse has been emptied and then refilled with sand.  Any one need a 2nd hand one in Dept 65?