What about the Poles?

Geranium

We're about to start a building project and have read the different arguements for using French or British builders. But what about bringing Polish workers over?  We used them in UK and had good experiences. Has anyone done this or knows of someone who has?   Any advice, anecdotes, warnings or encouragement gratefully received!

Hi Bluebee

You can find some very useful information on the legal requirement for registration of the foreign contractors on this recent thread: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/805768/ShowPost.aspx

As to the Polish workers, they are usually very good and reliable (but then again, being Polish myself, you could call me biased!).  They are certainly doing a roaring trade in London - I can hear Polish being spoken at literally every building site that I pass!  And it is also true that Poland now has to look to the East to get builders, nurses etc. 

Good luck with finding a really good building team! 

Hi, really useful replies - thank you.  I'm going to look into it further as I think they are brilliant workers.  They work hard, they're cheerful, they don't stop for endless cups of tea like the british and they don't take 2 hour lunch breaks and disappear at 4pm like the french.

Does anyone know of anyone who has employed them over here?