Issue with Heating Installer..

Afy

We got a quote for some 5K to install a new Oil heating System, and clean the chimneys et al.

Well we paid the installer 2.5 K advance, he came and installed the heater, without a thermostat... stating that the part wasnt available with him. Dismantled the fireplace and semi-cleaned the chimney.

However that was in October. Havent heard back from him since...

The heater works... so we do have heat. But it runs all the time. It is something called "Ideal Standard" not too sure about quality and things.

However not having a working fireplace and tons of wood piled up... is irritating... Not sure what course of action is available.

Afy, if phone calls don't work try a registered letter. If it's any consolation it sounds like you've had more than half of the work done for 50% of the price, so if chummy won't play and you need to take the work elsewhere you're more in control.

BTW, Ideal Standard is a well-established make. Of course, nowadays they are probably made in Outer Mongolia....

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]But Afy, clients exist to pay for work that hasn't been completed. If you are ever going to make the jump to freelance consultant you need to get your head round this! :-) (Sorry, smiley function doesn't work for Macs)[/quote]

You use a Mac?.....  :(:(:(

Seriously... off topic: What is windows on Mac like?

Off-topic be blowed!

I've never bothered to try Windows on a Mac -- mine's not an Intel jobbie anyway -- or any other dual boot systems. I still have two PC laptops and a spare desktop to use for real work.

Personally, I find the much-vaunted Mac interface a tad clunky and it's much harder to find a choice of software at decent prices.

I got a Mac for several reasons, but the main one for keeping it is that it's tiny & silent so it can stay in the living room.