soilpipes

Handy

Hopefully a simple question to clarify my plan! Busy installing bathrooms on the first floor of a renovation. I will need to run a soil - vent pipe down and out to the fosse - no trouble. I presume I will need to install TWO soilpipes from each of the 1st floor bathrooms - one for toilet waste and one for shower etc water which will run through a degraisseur before rejoining the toilet waste pipe running to the fosse? Can I use 100mm soil/vent pipes for both?

Thanks Handy

Hi Handy

This my first attempt at posting so here goes.

When I installed my fosse septique for our 2 shower rooms/toilets they all  (toilets , shower and sinks ) went into the same 4in stack.The kitchen sink was the only thing that should have gone through a greasetrap but is in fact still working through a soakaway into the field behind the house!!.This seems to have worked very well for the past 6/7 years.

Don't forget to install a breather at the top of your stack , not something that the french seem to bother about , but we have never had bad smells in the house.

Hi Northender

Pleased to have your comment, thought my question was going to disappear without a reply! The reason I ask is that in the Brico building guide booklets it has a separate soil pipe shown for toilet and another for wash water and I was concerned that with the new inspection system (as I need new fosse etc) any deviation from the correct piping would be spotted.

They,ve obviously tightened up on the regs since I fitted mine.I enquired at the Marie and they just said go ahead although I notice that I am being charged annually for some sort of inspection which should take place. Although I've never been there to witness it.

Good luck anyway.