Propane not coming through.

cal

Hi

I had delivery of propane yesterday. The tank was empty and the driver told me to wait about half and hour and then turn the red knob on the tank on (he showed me which one).  I did this but still no gas coming through.  Is there a problem or does it usually take a long time?

I thought I'd ask here before I rang them.

Cal,

I had a similar(ish) case a few years ago.  The tank was filled to the top and the weather was very cold.  It turned out that because of the cold and lack of space in the tank, the liquid propane was unable to turn into gas.  Do you have a gauge on your tank?  Has it been overfilled or perhaps not at all[blink]?  I would phone the supplier in any event to be sure.

Cheers

Brian     

Depends how far the tank is away from the  appliance you're using.  When this happened to me it took at least 2 or 3 mins to get the cooker lit and then it spluttered for a while.  My tank is maybe 50 metres away (as the pipe runs)

Another thought, there may be an additional stop valve 'twix tank and house. This is required if the pipe run more than 40 metres (or so) maybe this is in the off position? On is with the handle in line with the ppipe

Brian

Problem solved!

I should have turned the gas taps inside the house a few more times.  I just did it the once and it wasn't enough.

I too thought that it might have been something to do with the cold weather - anyway will soon be cosy and warm.

Cal