French plaster!!!

tj

I have found this quite interesting particularly the Lutece 2000 bit.

My walls currently look as though they have plaster of paris or some such? I wanted to stabilise and plaster them was thinking PVA'ing them with a weak solution and then going for it with the Lutece 2000 gear, is this a good idea?

It used to be a standing joke on building sites to wee in the plasterers water bucket in the afternoon, everyone would be on theirway home and the poor old spread would still be waiting to trowel up!

So wee definitely does hold it up dunno why right enough.........enzymes or ph values most likely?

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

My walls currently look as though they have plaster of paris or some such? I wanted to stabilise and plaster them was thinking PVA'ing them with a weak solution and then going for it with the Lutece 2000 gear, is this a good idea?

[/quote]

Hi

After todays results, I couldnt recommend anything else! 

[quote user="BIG MAC"]Hi Tj can you confirm that the plaster you  were working up to ie. what was on the walls already was imilar to my plaster of paris? I am worried about very high suction from the substrate.[/quote]

Hi

Yeah, same stuff , if your worried about the suction, wet down the wall a little before you start, so it doesnt drag the moisture from the plaster too quickly, I use one of those 10 litre pump sprays, the sort you use for spraying in the garden.

Or bond it first,

Re weeing in the mix.

On my last visit to the UK I extended my block paved drive and helped a neighbour who found the pavoirs at a local concrete crushing mill.

We both used some reclaimed sharp sand  to bed the blocks, it had been scraped up from a sand school at an equestrian centre, there wasn't much poo left in it but it did smell strongly of urine.

I already had some ballast left over so used that to make the concrete to haunch the edging blocks, my neighbour used the horsey sharp sand. - 4 months later he is still waiting for it to go off!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="vickybear"][quote user="legs_akimbo"]

Having worked with hundreds and hundreds of plasterers over twenty five years I have yet to meet any that do not two coat skim, other than the diy'er who does not realise he is in the wrong or cowboy who just wants a quick barely passable finish, so quite frankly yes him indoors is doing it wrong,..................... but what do I know, I only run a plastering busines.

The only single coat plasters are the ones designed as a very thick coat which is a backing and finish combined.

[/quote]

I'm glad to see that you run a plastering business. I also ran a plastering business in England and sold it as a going concern.

(But what do i know) Well for 1 it's how to spell business

Regards

Master-Plaster

[/quote]

Quite frankly vicky bear you do not know your a**e from your elbow and I pity anyone that employs your obviosly cowboy company of (One man band) chancers....That is the one and only conclusion that could possibly be drawn from your comments that show you do not even know the very basic rudiments of plastering, the methods employed by any decent spread.... In fact your comments are so charlatan you are not even able to appreciate how way off the mark you are as you clearly have not the fiaintest idea, if you had then you would know the very basic and essential first rule of plastering...YOU DONT.

I also know how to spell business, I also dont need to be petty enough to use the lowest common denominator in insult as to pick up on others spelling mistakes.

People like you are dangerous masquerading as something they are clearly not.

Seeing as you ran a business in England then you will be only too familiar with all the tereminology, plaster types, prices, tooling, additives, methods, suppliers, good working practices ( well not that one) so may just throw a couple of teasers your way and see if you realy do have the foggiest idea.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="legs_akimbo"]

Seeing as you ran a business in England then you will be only too familiar with all the tereminology, plaster types, prices, tooling, additives, methods, suppliers, good working practices ( well not that one) so may just throw a couple of teasers your way and see if you realy do have the foggiest idea.

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, but i don't understand, what exactly is tereminology?

What a guy, scouring posts to find the odd typo or spelling mistake, dont you consider this makes you something of a rather inept and pathetic individual. Are you our pretend plasterer by any chance?, I use the term generously. Perhaps you should put your energies into something more productive, like learning how to do a professional job in the correct manner instead of offering advice about something of which you know practically nothing. I pity you.