Installation of new cooker

Mark

[quote user="Mark"]

Um, I can't just put a plug on it and plug it in can I?  I'll have to do something dangerous and complicated first I expect?

Help! [:(]  

[/quote]

Depends on the cooker, but if it is capable of running off a 16A plug, then it must be pre-fitted with one. Normally, cookers have 16A plugs, 32A plugs, or (often) are hard-wired to a junction box.

Whatever, the regs allow you to do it yourself. It isn't gas, is it?

[quote user="nicktrollope"][quote user="Mark"]

Um, I can't just put a plug on it and plug it in can I?  I'll have to do something dangerous and complicated first I expect?

Help! [:(]  

[/quote]

Depends on the cooker, but if it is capable of running off a 16A plug, then it must be pre-fitted with one. Normally, cookers have 16A plugs, 32A plugs, or (often) are hard-wired to a junction box.

Whatever, the regs allow you to do it yourself. It isn't gas, is it?

[/quote]

Haha Nick!  No, it' not gas.  Well, I don't think so.  Does 'Ariston' mean 'Gas' in this nonsensical language that's been thrust upon me by my moving here?  It came with leads jutting straight out of the main cable thing, thus no plug, which I suppose means i need to look into one of these junction box things does it?

Hi Mark

Aristo..n  is simply a cooker that must be installed by a member of the ruling classes not yet beheaded.

I suspect you need to do a bit of research maybe stick an image up here, the experts will no doubt be able to help a lot more than I just have! 

Bon chance!

Trying to be sensible...

Look at the plate on the back of the cooker & establish the pwer requirements of the cooker. If it is less than 3600W (or 3.6Kw) it will run from 16A plug. If more, then it must have a 32A supply with either a special plug/socket or a suitable junction box.

In either case, it should have a dedicated supply direct from the tableau.