"Chape" how many layers?

westland

We are finally at the stage where we will be paying the final instalment for our small extension.  After ten months of total stressing at every stage of the project I am checking the devis to see what we've had extra or not had.  As well as "dallage beton" there seems to be mention of "chape lisse", which I take to mean a coat of cement to smooth out the floor.  The floor consists of the ready mixed cement which  was laid down on top of various layers of plastic sheeting and wire frames.  My OH has always thought that something else might be laid down on top at some point, but this didn't happen so we assumed that was it.

Is there anyone who has had an extension or a new house built, or who does this work themselves, who could tell me how the floor is usually finished.  Many thanks, Kate.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your reply.  I have since taken this up with the Project Manager.  He checked the devis and unfortunately we have missed out on having this done.    It is now too late as the bathroom is finished and the floor tiled so to put a layer of chape in the rest of the extension would bring it to another level.  We are hoping that it will not be of any detriment to the building and that they will deduct an amount from the final bill.