wet room

Bob

I'm toying with the idea of installing a wet room in a spare ground floor 4m2 room, but after a look on various wet room sites `I realise that it is not as simple as say installing a shower tray. Has anyone any experience of a wet room project and where can one buy in France the waterproof liner, tray etc?

This might not help much but I did see on some TV show where they made a wet room by custom making copper sheeting to the size of the room and up the walls about 6 inches, and then tiled over the top which was very successful and can of course be made to any size, sorry for the lack of any technical expertise but it might point you in the right direction[:)]

havent done a  wet room but i was in "point p" recently and they had an orange coloured waterproof material that can be used on the floor and walls in showers or bahrooms to seal the walls and floors away from risk of water not sure how much it costs or what its called but as it is a newish product ive a feeling it is reasonably expensive if im there in the next couple of weeks ill check it out

The orange stuff you want is made by Schluter ( German) and sold throughout Europe (Big Mat in France & Point P) . The have floor & wall liners (which can be tiled over )and interlocking drains . See http://www.schluter.com/

Good luck

[quote user="Bob"]I'm toying with the idea of installing a wet room in a spare ground floor 4m2 room, but after a look on various wet room sites `I realise that it is not as simple as say installing a shower tray. Has anyone any experience of a wet room project and where can one buy in France the waterproof liner, tray etc?[/quote]

I'm actively pursuing this as well, problem being finding someone to install it before the rental season kicks in, let me know if you have any joy I found the following link with online catologue http://www.union-materiaux.fr/