Outrageous quote for stonework

JMW

For all woodworkers here on the forum i agree with you but lets not be kidded into thinking that we are supreme, i have came across a fair few numpty's who claim to be joiners and are in fact just wood butchers. And as far as puting things to rights i always remember a painter/decorator who dabbled in artistic plaster work/cornice's always quoting that ' the man in white puts it right ' and to the better part he is right. Either that i have worked with some very good P+D's and some poor carpenters.

I also believe rightly or not that we all follow suit at some time and this includes reading drawings like plumbers and sparky's and doing the mundane 8 till 5 site work, certainly when you are asked to create something from its bare element, like a lump of oak to a finished article the client could barely see in his minds eye or creating a piece of art using welding rods and  a few nuts and bolts then you do as an artist have the right to pontificate.

At the end of the day we all try our best and its only when we are judged by others that our frailties or expertise are to be shown, some have the necessary to be given accolades and some dont, thats life.

However, if you are in it to rip people off then all you get is well deserved.

Ah well, i'm tired and ready for bed, got a lot on tomorow, gotta sort out the world first then put to bed this global warming...oh yes and then there's these North Koreans tut tut, need a few words there and then i'll have to put on that skirting round the bedroom.........Its a hard life being a joiner [:P]

Now listen guys, its just a bit of fun [:)]

come on site with me when the charpentiers are moaning ,because they have to cut out a hole to put a bit of wood in, come and see the mess they leave behind because they think that the macons are femmes de menage for them.Charpentiers just a macon with their brains removed,Big Smile [:D]