Alu / Bois Double Glazing

Juswundrin

Hi

Anyone have this type?

We're tempted by the maintenance-free (?) exterior (with presumably less discolouration from the sun than might happen with uPVC) but with the warmth of wood inside.

I think the frames are actually all wood, just with aluminium profiles which clip(?) to the exterior? We had all-aluminium windows years ago in the UK and I remember they were terrible for condensation; this is presumably not a problem with the wooden frame spaced behind it?

Also, is it available on external doors as well as windows?

Look forward to any info,

Thanks

I have not tried them but the design of aluminium double glazing in the UK has improved no end and the thermal bridge has been designed out. Jury still out on our two French French Windows and one window but so far seems pretty good however as I did not ket the kitchen dinning room compleated till end of Jnauary will have to wait till full winter or summer heat wave. I thought the Norme Francais was pretty tight on window and door unit thermal properties.

Have just had new windows & volets installed by Huis Clos.

PVC but in a 'chene' finish (looks like the real thing) - 15 year warranty, double glazed windows, done in 2 days.

They also do above in aluminium (bigger range of finishes) + doors, gates, fences.

Hope this helps

Alan

• 1 month later...