French equivalent of Ronseal decking protector

Jongleurs

I have seriously underestimated the quantity of decking protector I bought last time I was back in the UK.  It is Ronseal Decking Protector (wax enriched formula) in natural oak.  I'm mid-way through the job and wondered if anyone knew if there was a french equivalent to this and if so what it's called and where I can get it.  All help gratefully received.

post edited by a moderator to enlarge the text

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorruy but I'm not familar with this product (been over here too long!!), but you could try this....

Paint a sample piece of wood (an offcut etc) with your Ronseal product and take it along to your local Brico type place. (don't worry about the type of wood you take, it's just so they can try to match the colour) Most of them have someone who speaks some English so don't worry if your French is less than fluent, and ask them to match the colour with a similar product. So long as the finish looks similar the job should be OK. Don't get too worried about the technicalities, at the end of the day you want the whole deck to look the same, and that's it! Any equivalent French product will offer much the same protection to the wood.

I wouldn't be tempted to mix the two products either, just in case they don't have the same makeup, just use them side by side and you should be fine.

Let me know how you get on,

Aly

[quote user="Jongleurs"]Thank you Charlotte2.  Have now found some 3V product that will do the job just as well ...... luckily as our first guests arrive on Saturday ![/quote]

Hi Jongleurs

I hope it dries in time , it would be a howler if they got an instant suntan on thier feet!

Kind regards,

Leo