lights,transformers and disjoncters question

shimble

when installing a 12 volt lighting system with transformers how many transformers can be connected to each  disjonter; ie if i have a transformerwith five 12v spots does this count as the maximum number of lights for each disjoncter or can i add other transformers with 12v lights to the same circut if so how do i calculate the maximum number of 12v lights to each disjonter line?

Sensible max is 5 (transformers) per DD (16A), legal max is 8. Max number of lights depends on rating of each transformer, but 25 (or 40) in your example.

Even if you use 50W 12V halogens (and would you?) in each fitting, then 25 of them would equate to 1250W - easily within the 16A DD rating. You would need 250VA transformers for each circuit - rare and expensive. Most are rated at 150VA (3 x 50W spots or 5 x 20W) or 60VA (3 x 20W)

But, for the sake of our children, use LED bulbs!

[quote user="Nick Trollope"]

[/quote]

Nick where can you get LED bulbs in France?

I have looked but have not found them - I was thinking of bringing them over from the UK. One wholesaler about £5.60 each inc VAT. How about France where CAN they be found and at what price?

Paul

[quote user="P2"][quote user="Nick Trollope"]

[/quote]

Nick where can you get LED bulbs in France?

I have looked but have not found them - I was thinking of bringing them over from the UK. One wholesaler about £5.60 each inc VAT. How about France where CAN they be found and at what price?

Paul

[/quote]

I get them from an electrical wholesaler. Or I've seen them in Leroy Merlin...