What is included in type A

PaulT

Sorry, have not got the book in front of me but......

Trying to wire the house that we have bought to French standards. I note that certain items should be connected via a type A disjointeur (or is that the devices for the individual circuit breakers).

The book states the type of things to connect via type A as:

ovens and washing machines

would someone be kind enough to provide a more definitive list so that I can connect items correctly - currently only have type AC installed.

Thanks

Paul

As I understand it the only items for which a type A differential is obligatory are washing machines and induction hobs ( basically a large electromagnet) which impose a large inductive load which can upset the more sensitive type AC differential.  It would be sensible to put anything else with an inductive load onto the type A, such as dishwasher, tumble drier and fridge/freezer - anything with a large(ish)motor.

It is allowed to put other circuits onto the type A, and in smaller properties where only one differential is required it should be a type A and everything can be connected through it.

[quote user="Jerac"]

It is allowed to put other circuits onto the type A, and in smaller properties where only one differential is required it should be a type A and everything can be connected through it.

[/quote]

There are no properties where only 1 ID is allowed. Minimum is 2 (1 of each).

Sorry, should have said present rather than required. For a new installation the minimum is 2, increasing according to floor area, but for an older existing installation where there is only one then  "En conséquence, lorsque linstallation est protégée par un seul dispositif différentiel 30 mA, placé en tête : il sera donc de type A." 

- Hagers  "L’installation électrique dans l’habitat : mode d’emploi"