Re-Grouting Floor Tiles - How to?

Froggy Lou

By hand with a tungsten carbide grout rake but its very hard work and time consuming and you have to be careful not to slip and mark a tile. Why do you want to re-grout. Is the existing grout in poor condition or is it just dirty and discoloured? If the latter, you could just recolour it. Or, you could get a professional in to do it, ie me![;-)]

It's basically in poor condition - I don't think it was ever done properly/grout made up properly etc and great lumps are falling out making it look very tatty!   I just want to do it in patches ás to do the whole lot would take AGES - the tiling is pretty much throughout the ground floor; when that's done I thought of re-colouring the whole lot - is there special stuff for that?

Yes its extremely hard work and time consuming - by hand. Most grout is cement based after all so its supposed to be durable. However, being a professional wall & floor tiler, I've got a machine that makes the job quicker. Once you've got all the old grout out, you can then re-grout in a huge choice of colours. Please advise the following: Tile type (ie ceramic, porcelain, natural stone etc), tile size, overall area to be treated. I'm in the UK but looking to move to France in the next 12 months, in the meantime we may be able to help each other out with a bit of mutual back scratching. Where abouts are you?