Finding an up and running gite

Still looking for a suitable property to run as a gite, open to areas but want a property that needs no renovation. Most people say I will not find one on my budget of 200,000€ I have seen a few adds in my price range. But people say that these adds are old/or not suitable. Anyone else found such a property for around this price range????????????

" Most people say I will not find one on my budget of 200,000€ I have seen a few adds in my price range. But people say that these adds are old/or not suitable. Anyone else found such a property for around this price range???????????? "

You may well find a property at this price but it will depend on location.

You then have to ask yourself whether this would be an area that clients would choose to come to for their holidays. If the area is not right you will be left with a lot of empty weeks without bookings.

Personally I think there will be loads up for sale this autumn due to the poor rentals for very many this year plus the interest rate rises in the UK have stretched a lot of folks who bought second homes here and now find they are struggling to meet all the bills both sides of the channels. Prices are also starting to drop in many areas according to the french press so waiting may be prudent.

[quote user="flanny"]Still looking for a suitable property to run as a gite, open to areas but want a property that needs no renovation. Most people say I will not find one on my budget of 200,000€ I have seen a few adds in my price range. But people say that these adds are old/or not suitable. Anyone else found such a property for around this price range????????????[/quote]

If they did ,then I think that was 5 years ago.

I think most people are correct!