Double oven?

tizzylizzy

Hi.  We are putting in a new kitchen and what I would like is a double oven in a larder unit - a normal family sized one and a smaller one for the odd tray of buns or roast spuds.  However we have not seen what I'm looking for in any of the brochures so far.  I have seen a tower unit with an oven and a microwave but not two ovens.  Wicks back in the UK do what I have in mind but we would prefer to source one here.  Any suggestions anyone?  Thanks. [:D]

[quote user="tizzylizzy"] Wicks back in the UK do what I have in mind but we would prefer to source one here.  Any suggestions anyone?  [/quote]

If you are thinking in terms of an electric double oven then you might struggle here as most people's abonnement for their electricity supply might not reach the capability of such a level of potential power usage.

Sue

As it happens I'm in the process of doing the very same thing myself and I have to tell you that it hasn't been an easy ride, but I'm trying to think positive as it's what I really want and I'm sure all will be well in the end!

In complete agreement with the OP - they're as rare as hen's teeth in France, they ARE available, but expensive. If you look online for "fours double encastrables" you will find perhaps 2 or 3 and the one I bought was the De Deitrich. They are much cheaper in the UK and of course there are hundreds of them, but as we wern't sure about the electricity supply being compatible we decided to go the french route, .

I ordered one online ( I had done this easily a couple of years ago in the UK) paid my money and waited for the delivery. It didn't arrive![:-))] The company didn't ring or email and as my French isn't quite up to it, I had to get someone to ring them for me. They gave us a new delivery date a few days later - apparently the delivery man forgot to deliver it! - and guess what? it didn't arrive again!! [:-))][:-))] This time they said it was damaged. We then asked for our money back, and I have to say they were quite prompt about that, but I was still left without an oven.[:'(]

As the new kitchen was being fitted at the time we were a bit stuck and I was reluctant to try the internet again, so my OH decided we should try the little electrical shop in our nearest small town. I must admit I didn't hold out much hope, but we went armed with picture and details of the oven. The very efficient young lady in the shop said she would ring her suppliers and within two minutes she said it would be here two days later!! [:D] We did have to pay more for it - they can't give the discount the big companies can - but I was so relieved I didn't mind any more.

Sorry if this is not very encouraging, but I am getting what I wanted in the end! Our trusty french electrician knows the people in the shop and I have left it to him to collect and install it  - (we're back in the UK now till next month.)

Other companies online may be better, the one I used suggested they were  "ButLessExpensive" I would have preferred it if they were "ButMoreReliable!!" Personally, I didn't want to risk it again, it was too much money to be messing around with.

Bon courage, Carole

Yes, we looked everywhere and couldn't find one, so in the end resorted to bringing an AEG built under double oven from the UK.  Easy in an estate car.  The power supply on our new house was adequate, but to make sure to not overload it I also brought a gas hob (with the jets converted to propane).

Dave