Credit Cards - I love them

In these credit-crunch days I'd like to remind people just how useful credit cards can be.

I favour plastic credit cards and plastic loyalty cards but I've also found uses for those thinner imitation credit cards that they sometimes send in mail shots.

My house suffered a bit of movement a while back and some doors needed adjusting. Credit cards were the ideal sized packers to shift door hinges out a millimetre or so to make doors properly close / open. My tool box now has quite a few, including a dummy BA card I got as an invitation to join their frequent fliers scheme - it's lovely, a bit fancy and I'm waiting for that really special job to use it.

They can be drilled and cut easily, don't rot, are dimensionally stable and make pretty useful packers in all sorts of interior and exterior DIY work.

So when you're spent out  - put the cards  to good use!

PS Make sure you've cut out the bits that might be useful to a crook first.

[quote user="Nearly Retired"]

"Lacking a scraper, I have used them to scrape the ice off windscreens"

Yes, I've heard the weather in Charente Maritime isn't up to much yet this Summer.

[/quote]

Nearly Retired by name

Nearly Dead if you take a trip to Charente

The Gens there are not known for there friendly manner

[quote user="Nearly Retired"]

"Lacking a scraper, I have used them to scrape the ice off windscreens"

Yes, I've heard the weather in Charente Maritime isn't up to much yet this Summer.

[/quote]

LOL, but it's warming up and drying up nicely!