Where can we get 60x60 black porcelein floor tiles from

Fourbarewalls1

Where can I get these from, have recently ourchase 100m2 from B&Q here in the UK but the transportation cost is getting ridiculous so we will canceal the order.

Paid £900 for them here, any ideas from where I can get them, couldn't find anything in Mr Bricolage or Castorama, any other outlets we could try.

Also real oak wide tongue and groovefrench floor boards 70m2 , anyone know where we could get these for a good price. Haven't got bags of money for this lot was thinking we could get the whole lot for €3000

Look forward to recieivng your comments, we are based in La Souterraine, 45 mins north of Limoges

Lee

For the tiles go to a proper tile supplier - there are a couple in the Zone Industrial Nord at Limoges not too far from M.Bricolage

(from the entrance to M.Bricolage - the one that is on the same side as the front doors  - go down the road a couple of hundred metres and turn left - there is a large supplier at the bottom of the hill) Another outlet at Z.I de Maigre ( I think on the other side of the motorway to Castorama) A couple in the industrial zone at Feytiat. (Z.I. de Ponteix)

In my opinion Lee, you have had a lucky escape. I'm a professional tiler in the UK and have come across these several times. They are an absolute nightmare to fix properly. Consider that a good quality porcelain floor tile would cost upwards of £30 per sq mtr. These B & Q ones are churned out in China, shipped half way round the world, and retail for £8 or £9 per sq mtr. Even allowing for their buying power, you have to ask yourself how they are able to sell them so cheaply. I concur with the other poster, go to an independant tile shop.

[quote user="Fourbarewalls1"]Any chance you could tell me the name of the outlet so I could check online, otherwise I could direct the builder down there to source the tiles for us. Thanks again[/quote]

Unlikely that they will have a web-site unless they are a national chain and realise that a new millenium has commenced IMHO.

If you don't mind travelling a little further afield then I can recommend Decoceram in Périgueux (near Auchan).  The have a huge selection of quality  tiles.  Don't be put off by the displayed prices - when you place an order they seem to automatically knock off about 25%.

[quote user="Fourbarewalls1"]Any chance you could tell me the name of the outlet so I could check online, otherwise I could direct the builder down there to source the tiles for us.

Thanks again[/quote]

Sorry, I don't know, but I'm with J.R. on this one [:D]