removal of house contents..London to Bergerac

jon

We will be moving the contents of our home...roughly two months from now to the Begerac SW area.

Can anyone let me kn ow of the most reliable company for moving...obviously many of you have made that very move.

I've had several quotes, pretty much came in at the same price, but Hunts Removals actually give a month's free storage in that price whereas others can charge for that ..... so I'll be choosing Hunts.  Channel Move gave a good quote and their rep actually lives in that area, but it's the free storage that tipped it for me.

Hi Jon,

We used a Broker that advertised in this magazine. My wife had been in shipping for some years and telephoned around, but no spectacular deals, in fact, some very expensive quotes. The Broker did all the legwork and gave us a number of companies to choose from. We chose a company that were not local to us. They were from the Brighton area. (We lived in Southend). They collected our 20 cubic metre load (we already had furniture at our house here and got rid of as much as we could before we left!) and delivered it when they were in the area, about five weeks after we moved,  which suited us fine. They were fully insured, professional and fun, moving our girls around on their trolleys as they worked! The whole deal cost us less than £1650.00. We had packed everything though, so if you want more, you'll have to pay for it. I got a good selection of Boxes from the  Big Yellow Storage people. I had stored some things with them for a while so got them for half price. It was a package of various sizes of about 20 boxes including sealing tape.I also got some excellent removal boxes from Lidl. I had some bumf posted through the door at the right time. They were selling large removal boxes (folded) for 99p each!

The Broker charged us about £35.00 plus VAT. We only had to pay him when he found someone for us.

Hope this helps

Paul

We used Hunts earlier this year, had furniture in storage from November to March then moved us down to Montpon. I could not fault them in any way. Prices were competative they took great care of everything and collected and delivered on time.

[quote user="Paul Bradford"]

Hi Jon,

We used a Broker that advertised in this magazine. My wife had been in shipping for some years and telephoned around, but no spectacular deals, in fact, some very expensive quotes. The Broker did all the legwork and gave us a number of companies to choose from. We chose a company that were not local to us. They were from the Brighton area. (We lived in Southend). They collected our 20 cubic metre load (we already had furniture at our house here and got rid of as much as we could before we left!) and delivered it when they were in the area, about five weeks after we moved,  which suited us fine. They were fully insured, professional and fun, moving our girls around on their trolleys as they worked! The whole deal cost us less than £1650.00. We had packed everything though, so if you want more, you'll have to pay for it. I got a good selection of Boxes from the  Big Yellow Storage people. I had stored some things with them for a while so got them for half price. It was a package of various sizes of about 20 boxes including sealing tape.I also got some excellent removal boxes from Lidl. I had some bumf posted through the door at the right time. They were selling large removal boxes (folded) for 99p each!

The Broker charged us about £35.00 plus VAT. We only had to pay him when he found someone for us.

Hope this helps

Paul

[/quote]

Sounds good and someone who helps to make moving light hearted ...well thats wonderful...do you know who they were....I have the magazine here actually!Where did you move to/My load is bigger than yours I think....that could be a prob....did they have a small truck?

Hi Jon,

I haven't got a single copy of  Living  France to hand, but from memory, the brokers were ET Brokers and the company were Alliance Removals from Brighton. Ours was a part load to France, but they came and collected our bits on their own. It was the same guys that made the delivery in France and despite a rough journey for them, were just as good humoured as when they picked up. This pleased our daughters no end! I have their number if you want to pm me. I don't have any connection with the broker or Alliance Removals. It could be worth contacting a/the broker, to see what sort of deals are available. Our move was from Southend in Essex, to Monflanquin in the Lot et Garonne (47).

Paul