Re-Wiring, New sockets and live connection

SENCO

Hello  -a bit of advice if possible please.

The house i have has been wired using "souple" cable (inside gaine)and it received a Consuel.  I am mindful to replace the flex with more traditinal three single strand wires just because then it would be more normal. What are the rules in france with regard to re-wiring?  Do I need to apply for permission? - and when I have finished does it need inspecting again by the Consuel - or some other competent body?

If I put a new socket  in - do i have to go thro' any rigmarole like apply for planning permissin etc?

All the sockets are wired with the live on the right looking at the socket but i bought a couple of sockets the other week which were somewhat unusual in that the connections were marked "L" and "N" and the "L" was on the left looking at the socket. If I use these sockets it would be prudent i think to connect as marked (i.e live on the left) - would that generate a probl;em with any regs etc since i would then have in the house sockets connected in different modes?

Thanks

If the wiring passed CONSUEL with flex used instead of solid cable, then someone was on the take (or not doing their job properly).

No, you do not need permission to changethe wiring, or another inspection. However, if this is indicative of the standard of the wiring, I'd get someone to look it over anyway.

There are no standards for the L/N connections in a socket. Live to the right is favoured. It doesn't matter.

Does this not depend on the grade of the cable ?  If it is U1000 RO2V stuff (it will be printed on the side) I understand this is OK in gaine. Just more expensive than single conductors. Maybe the electrician had a load left over .....

The rule really is that any wiring must be removaeable / replaceable, and cable in gaine would comply

You are right Mutiara, and Jim.

There is nothing in the French Regs ( not in my copy anyway!)  that forbids it. It is perfectly acceptable ( but not common) to use Flex in gaine. I think many English trained Electricians often confuse the UK regs with The NF C 15 100 . 

I would of course be happy to be corrected if anyone can find the relevant regulation .................

www.punchardrenovation.com