Building terms - I'm usually OK, but I can't understand this

BQF

I am having  loft conversion done, and I have just received a bill.

It's got two items on it that I am struggling with:

1. reprise renfort d'un pied de ferme (re-inforcing something - whats a 'pied de ferme' - farm foot or closed foot doesn't help!)

2. Traitement de bois resineux restant apparent par une pulverisation (is this wood treatment for an insect infestation)??

Pied de ferme in particular has me beaten, I must say.

[quote user="BQF"]I am having  loft conversion done, and I have just received a bill.

It's got two items on it that I am struggling with:

1. reprise renfort d'un pied de ferme (re-inforcing something - whats a 'pied de ferme' - farm foot or closed foot doesn't help!)
2. Traitement de bois resineux restant apparent par une pulverisation (is this wood treatment for an insect infestation)??

Pied de ferme in particular has me beaten, I must say.
[/quote]

1. This is the repair/reinforcement to the base of one of the A frames that supports the roof construction - "Fermes"  refer to any triangular construction that supports the main roof ( usually A frame type construction) .

http://images.google.fr/images?sourceid=navclient&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPEA,HPEA:2006-36,HPEA:fr&q=ferme%20charpente&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

2.This is spray treatment ( for insect infestation) to to any resinous ( white pine etc.) wood that remains in view.